Randtronics DPM easyData
No-code or low-code Field-Level Data Protection for databases, applications & flat files
Field-Level Data Protection (FLP)
DPM easyData provides data spoofing/ data de-identification/ FLP services for protecting data stored in databases, applications and flat files.
Data spoofing enables selective redaction by replacing whole or parts of sensitive data with a non-sensitive equivalents.
DPM easyData complements the binary authorized ‘can open’ /not authorized ‘can’t open’ protection provided by DPM easyCipher or other TDE products by selectively redacting the content visible to authorized users.
There are many reasons to restrict data visibility to authorized users, including:
- restricting bank employees to only see last 4 digits of account or credit card
- preventing DBA or other IT staff accessing personal or financial data – whilst still performing their duties
- allowing dev/ test or analytics teams access to live data to perform their tasks without visibility of sensitive data
- authorized user is a web application presenting data to the public
DPM easyData supports the full range of FLP data spoofing techniques including masking, tokenization, anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption.
Customers using DPM easyData centrally define and manage FLP protection policies ensuring organization-wide data protection consistency.
DPM easyData comprises a centrally deployed management module that provides FLP services via API and local deployed agents and utilities:
- DPM easyData – central place for administrator to configure data protection policies for applications and databases. Requires installation of DPM easyKey for key management services.
- DPM easyData Database Connector – provides no-code FLP services to MS SQL and Oracle databases. Connector runs on the database to provide tokenization, anonymization, or masking of column level data. A connector is required on each database containing data to be protected.
- DPM easyData File – provides a no-code FLP services for protecting the contents of flat files.
- DPM easyData API – provides low-code FLP services to any application supported by any database.
- Tokenization by replacing data with tokens of the same size and type (conserving the format)
- Tokenization in multiple languages for text data
- Data Masking
- Integration with DPM Database Manager to tokenize and protect column level data in a database with no application code changes required
- Full auditing of all console and engine operations
- Configurable performance monitoring with alerts via syslog and email
- Industry standard AES-256 encryption with full-lifecycle key management. FIPS 140-2 L3 & Common Criteria EAL 4+ certified HSM support
- Single sign-on, role based and fine-grained access control
- Ease of Deployment and Use
Supported databases for DB Connector:
– Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c (Enterprise)
– Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up
Supported backend databases for DPM easyData:
– MySQL 5.7 and 8.0
– MS SQL Server 2019 and up
Supported environments for DB Connector:
Supported environments for DPM easyData:
– Windows 2019 and up
– RedHat Linux, CentOS, Oracle Linux
– Physical and virtualized environments
DPM easyData is highly flexibile and can protect and tokenize many different types of data via customizable, user-defined formats. Examples include:
- Credit card and other payment card numbers
- Names – surnames, first names, street names, suburbs
- Bank account numbers, Tax File Numbers,
- Phone numbers – mobiles and landlines
- Post codes and ZIP codes
- Identification numbers – drivers’ licence and passport numbers
- Dates – birth dates, join dates
- Currency amounts – salaries, bank account amounts, transaction amounts
- Social security, national security, and Medicare account numbers
Latest news and articles
This week the news broke that Mandiant (an incident response firm) attributed the recent cyberattack campaign targeting customers utilizing Barracuda’s Email Security Gateway to hackers